Movies That Misshaped My View of the World
You are on time 23 of watching a film and you realize how it has led you astray.
- •Lion King and friendshipsMaking friends isn't as easy as Simba made it look. Rarely people break out it in song to teach me great life lessons.
- •Hook and dessert for dinnerFirst they made life without parents look so easy, and more it set me up to believe dessert for dinner would make me feel awesome, it hasn't yet, but I will keep trying.
- •Clueless and closetsIt set pretty unrealistic expectations for grown up closet. My computer doesn't sync up to my closet and nor can it tell me what to wear each day.
- •Little Mermaid and dinglehoppersUsing a fork as a hairbrush grosses people out more than i thought it would, self included.
- •You've Got Mail and emailAs an adult having lots of email or really any email doesn't make me excited, but this movie made it seem so damn exciting.
- •Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm and singingWhen I sing "On the Goodship Lollipop" people rarely say how cute I am. In fact, my sense is they would like me to stop and go back to my work.
- •Officespace and (not) Working and Bills"Bills? I'm just not going to pay them". So there are things called consequences and collection agencies, learned that one the hard way. And if you don't do your job, they notice and haven't given me promotion for it once.
- •Any RomCom and loveI spent the first 20 years of my life expecting to have a meet-cute with my "the one". Then I did and it was horrible, I had to learn that love isn't easy and when it is that hard, it probably isn't a good situation. I luckily got out... Thankfully they now have a lot more films about break ups.