HOW TO SHAME PEOPLE WHO ARE SUFFERING TODAY
Here are a few things we can do to properly shame the people who think that feeling negative emotions about the election is acceptable.
- •"Life's too short to be angry because you didn't get what you wanted."Yes, life is so short that the only smart way to live is to bottle up all of your negative feelings and pretend everything is fine. Pretending things are fine when they are not is what reasonable people do!
- •"The most important thing to do right now is keep a positive attitude."Yes. How many times do I have to say this? It's not important to take action! It's not important to protest or write your elected leaders or do anything tangible within your community. What's important is that we all smile.
- •"All we need is love."Don't listen to anyone who points out that love didn't save us from this crisis. The best thing we can do is exactly what we've been doing. Just keep on loving.
- •"Just step away from the drama and find something fun to do!"I know there are people out there who don't have the option to turn it off because they are the targets, but that doesn't mean the rest of us can't enjoy a little fun! Do you really think they want us to stop living our lives just because they're suffering???
- •"It's not that bad."Did I personally get hurt? No? Then what's the problem here?
- •"Both sides need to come together. Fighting doesn't help."History lesson! You free more oppressed people with honey. Literally every time we've stopped racist and sexists acts it's been by hugging the mean people and finding ways to agree with them. Women got the right to vote by being friendly and saying "please." You can't argue with facts.