HOW TO CRITIQUE A POEM
- •Really give it a chance.
- •Don't overlay how you would write the poem onto a poem.
- •Imagine how to sex the poem up, not stupidly, but for real. Where to apply the lipstick?
- •Slice and dice! Should it start here? End there? Maybe chop everything but the last stanza?
- •Get competitive. It you were writing this poem you would be writing the fuck out of it. Who's this asshole?
- •Get more competitive. Think about how much better you would be at reading/performing/writing this poem.
- •Write a poem about this poem. Actually just write this poem, you know?