THOUGHTS I HAD WATCHING MY SON GET READY FOR PROM
Great idea requesting this list @sloan -- cracked the ice on my first list!
- •These guys are all too skinny for their tuxes.
- •How can boutonnières still be a thing?
- •Hairspray and curling irons have not loosened their ironclad grip in all these years.
- •I hope my cat doesn't claw any of these billowy dresses.
- •No matter how much I love my son and his friends, guys putting in their "fancy" socks on isn't photo-worthy.
- •Cummerbunds are as ostracized as they should be.
- •Nobody knows how to operate a real camera, though it's sweet that someone brought one.
- •But, no one can resist a selfie stick.
- •The discomfort of formal wear brings people together.
- •They're like fancy-tailed fish in the same sudden fishbowl who recognize each other.
- •Time is fleeting.
- •Everyone's almost out in the real world, but not quite.