Awesome Things People Have Said When They Find Out That I Don't Want Children
All these things have been said to me by people I've either just met or barely knew. I'm sure I'll be adding to this list over time, as I had a new one just last night from my cab driver. (For the record, I really love children, I just don't want to be a parent.)
- •"You'll change your mind."
- •"That's so selfish."
- •"Don't your parents want grandkids?"
- •"Being a mother is the most important thing a woman can do, you'll regret it."
- •"But your kids would have such pretty eyes!"
- •"That's really unnatural."
- •"You owe it to your country."
- •"That's really shallow."
- •"That's so sad! What's wrong with you?"
- •"You must be a very cold person."
- •"Is your husband ok with that?"
- •"So you hate children?"
- •"You must not be an American."