Overhyped Food in San Francisco That Is Deserving of Said Hype
I'm not a fan of waiting in line for food. And I find places that people swoon over are often a bit disappointing. But since moving to San Francisco I've found that a lot of places here are worthy of all the praise, at least in my humble opinion.
- •The chicken at Zuni CafeRoast chicken is not something I'd normally order at a restaurant, but if 10 different people say "get the chicken" when you say you're going to Zuni Cafe, you order the chicken. And then you find out they're right.
- •Tartine BakeryThe bread, the pastries, I might actual go back and wait in that line again some day.
- •MietteEvery pastry I've tried is not only delicious, but beautiful.
- •Smitten Ice CreamGimmicky? Kind of. Do you care once you taste it? Nope.
- •CotognaI was happy with my homemade gnocchi until I went here. Now I can't even think of trying again because I know it won't be as good.
- •Craftsman and Wolves bakerySuggested by @jeremyblachman
- •Philz coffeeSuggested by @ashepinnell