Reasons Why I Would Not Want to Survive an Apocalypse and Help Rebuild Civilization
I never want to live through any situation that leads to a Mad Max style dystopia. I've always wanted to die in the first wave of a deadly global plague. If we have a massive nuclear war, I want to be in one of the first cities hit. These are a few reasons why. (Note: This list is an ongoing exercise.)
- •I'm not a fan of group projects.I'm pretty sure starting up a village from scratch would be a lot like any group project: a few of us do all the work and get really resentful that no one else is helping but we want a good grade so we'll just do it all anyway, sighing a lot to show how upset we are.
- •Survivalists are likely a large percentage of who makes it.And no offense, but I don't think I'll be a good fit for that crowd.
- •I'm good at camping for one night, max.Not really interested in extending that to say, the rest of my nights.
- •I don't look great in earth tones.Seriously, they make me look a little jaundiced. And I have a feeling a good portion of a dystopian wardrobe involves beige/off white.
- •Most of my favorite jobs require power, or at least an existing civilization.I'm more of a writer, project manager, trainer type and less of a gathering firewood and building shelter type.
- •I prefer showering daily.Running water? High on my list of necessities.