Tv Shows I Wish More People Got My References From
I tend to re-watch things I like. I also have an annoyingly good memory, so I think somewhat random things are common references only to receive blank stares in return. (It does not help that my husband gets my jokes due to sharing a home for 10+ years.)
- •Kids In The HallThere is a lot more there than just crushing people's heads. Girl Drink Drunk should be a universally understood reference.
- •Absolutely FabulousWhen I say "let's drink lunch darling" you should know I'm feeling like Patsy!
- •PsychWhy is this show so unpopular? I just want someone to get my Gus references. "Did you hear about Pluto?" Yes, and it IS messed up.
- •Arrested DevelopmentNothing makes you more aware of how low the ratings were for this show than an ill-timed reference like "I blue myself prematurely." Steer clear of Tobias quotes in unknown company. Ditto on Buster or Lucille #1 references (trust me.)
- •Keeping Up AppearancesShockingly, everyone hasn't recently watched all episodes of a BBC comedy from the 90's about a crazy old social climber. It's on Netflix right now . . . And "it's pronounced Bouquet!" Which I think is funny any time the word bucket comes up. (It's maybe not that funny, but I can't help myself.)