AMUSING THINGS CHILDREN SAY
- •A is 10 years old and reported that a counselor at camp used the "c" word.My husband and I took a breath and paused. He said, "What does it rhyme with?" She said, "Um ..." (she really thought for a bit) "Rap. Why?"
- •A also said that the vegetables on her plate were a Danish.Huh? "You know, vegetables that are there for decoration." "A GARNISH. You mean, 'garnish'"
- •C is 8 and still says, "Lusually."As in, "I lusually have macaroni and cheese for lunch."
- •My mother was taking care of S (18 months at the time) while I spoke at a conference in Minneapolis.I walked into our hotel room after not seeing them all day and S yelled, "Daddy!"
- •"Do we have brisket?""Um, no. Brisket like Bubi makes?" "No, brisket crackers." "You mean Triscuit Crackers."