BEVERAGE PAIRING FOR PARENTS
I saw a wine pairing blog post for when your children are monsters, but sometimes wine isn't fast enough.
- •Barbecue = beerIt's perfectly acceptable to drink a beer (or eight) while your children run amok around someone else's yard.
- •Homework = red wineIf it's the beginning of the school year and you're Type A (like BOTH of us, for a shock), you'll need a glass of red wine to remember that the handwriting only needs to be good enough for the teacher to read it and a wrong answer will alert the teacher that she doesn't understand the concept.
- •Group dinner with the ex = screwdriverYay! Your favorite activity is spending time with your former spouse or your spouse's former spouse, so put some orange juice and vodka in a water bottle and down it right before you go in.
- •Transition day = rumYou're excited to get them back, but know this day is rough for them (and you, if you're the strict household). Rum is festive and takes the edge off!
- •Board games = hard ginger beerBecause the 10 year-old is already rolling her eyes, the 8 year-old is going to change the rules, and the baby is going to eat the game pieces/choking hazards.
- •Meltdown before bed = shot of PatronIt's going to be a long night.