Things I wish I knew about when my mom was killed by a drunk driver
- •What song was playing on the radio?
- •What was she thinking of right before the drunk California Highway Patrol officer in a patrol car rammed the back of the van?
- •Did she know something was going terribly wrong in the second before she hit the windshield?
- •Was her last thought thinking of my 15 year old brother, hoping he was alright?
- •Could she feel my brother holding her mangled body in the rain as he screamed at the drunk officer to stay away from her?
- •Did she know my brother was with her in the ambulance when she took her last breath?