American expressions I still don't understand
- •Get your shit togetherI mean, I get why you don't want it all loose but why you need to get it together is still kind of a weird saying if you ask me (you have to understand that Spanish is a very literal language and my mom and I are both English majors so we analyze this stuff for the fun of it)
- •Hop in the showerMy mom and I still laugh about this one, like the idea of hopping in the shower makes us laugh because it just seems dangerous (but maybe a little fun?)
- •Hanging outMy mom and I are always saying "what exactly started that? Why was someone hanging somewhere? I don't understand the hanging part?"
- •Chill outLike, why do you want someone to be cold to you? Can't you just tell them to calm down? Why was the chill ever a need? Again, this one is so weird to us
- •On a rollWe still don't understand why rolling down a hill or being on top of a roll would be a good thing
- •Don't have a cowI get that birthing a cow is something no human wants to physically experience, but why a cow? Why not any other large animal?