ARTISTS I DISREGARDED
And how they proved me wrong. Inspired by my recent conversation with the incredible @hillary79
- •EminemSlim shady. My brothers played this song nonstop and I had just survived the vanilla ice debacle so I thought, here we go again. I was deeply wrong.
- •Natalie PortmanHey when I'm wrong I AM WRONG. When I saw her in that Star Wars remake that no one likes to talk about, I was all "ugh. She's just a pretty face" but man I have been proven severely wrong over the years and she has absolutely gotten me screaming when she's been nominated for and won an Oscar
- •Mila KunisIn that seventies show, I basically thought she was just playing herself. I know she's stuck mostly to romantic comedies. But she's done an incredible job of bringing true art to even the simplest roles, in my opinion.
- •Justin TimberlakeHe was in *NSYNC you guys, give me a break if I didn't recognize his potential. Did I enjoy looking at him? Of course. Did I think he would go on to make music films that I would immensely enjoy? Not at all.
- •BeyoncéI will be ashamed of this fact for the rest of my life. But she started out as Destiny's Child and I just don't hold boy or girl bands in high regard, obviously. But she is so much more than we had any idea and I am committed to her for ever.