And oh what a journey it has been
- •So today a new baby was bornAs some of you may know. I was supposed to leave work at one and head to see him. But instead I had to stay at work until four.
- •Wouldn't be so bad except the baby was an hour awayAnd traffic at that time of the day kind of sucked, and my Rory had homework and was hungry and was in a terrible mood. And it was UGLY. It was an hour and a half of yelling. Crying. Things were said that were immature and ridiculous. And that was just me, I'm not even talking about the kids.
- •And then we got thereAnd he was so much tinier than I even expected. And he smelled wonderful. And I couldn't even look up to have my picture taken
- •And my daughter was afraid to hold himBut I made her, and she did great. Her brother stood behind her to offer moral support.
- •And then we had to lay him down for a minute because his grandma said toAnd he was so sweet and cute sleeping all bundled up.
- •But he looked lonely to meAnd so I picked him up and held him again. This time my kids insisted I look at the camera. I did it. I'm home now. But I want to go back right now. Why can't I get aunt leave? I might not get to go back out there until this weekend and it's too far away...he's so cute and soft and I can't stand it!!!