About attending a baby shower
- 1.What to wearI went through a mental list of my wardrobe last night before bed. As it turns out, I am a very immodest dress owner. Everything I own is either too low cut or too short. I don't think that's what all these classy, young moms will be wearing.
- 2.Who do I know?The honoree is a woman I used to teach with. So maybe some of the teachers I know will be there? Maybe it will be all her stay at home mom friends? They're all young moms, talking about toddler stuff and things I haven't dealt with in like eight years...feeling pretty old all the sudden.
- 3.GAMES? NOOOOI hate baby shower games. I always get so nervous and feel so much pressure and oh man I feel like my answer sheet is going to be displayed for all to see.
- 4.Gift Buying WoesSo I waited too long to shop. Again. And I ended up buying her a bunch of little things. As she's opening all the elaborate, beautiful gifts, I suddenly feel like I bought the most stupid gift ever. Is that a hand stitched blanket? And a quilt made of the mom and dads baby clothes? Oh I just want to sneak out before she gets to my gift...but you shouldn't anger a pregnant woman.
- 5.When can I leave?It's the age old question, isn't it? Do I go right after the gifts are opened? I need to find the hostess, thank her for hosting. Again. I need to say bye to the mom to be. Oh I have to say bye to the people I know. Okay now I've lingered too long so I have to say bye to the mom to be and thank the hostess again...