I'm talking about the March in Selma today
Can I do it without crying?
- •We are reading a play about Selma todayAnd it's going to be hard not to cry. Let's face it, I probably will cry
- •I have always teared up over him crow lawsAnd especially the Selma march
- •I'm playing Dr. Martin Luther Kings speechWhich will only make me cry more
- •I'm thinking about the march in Selma todayAbout Bloody Sunday
- •About marching without letting fear overtake youAbout courage
- •About hope
- •About change
- •And I'm scaredThis is always a hot button day with my kids. Things get said. Ignorance manifests itself. Hatred is brought to light. And then I realize...
- •What I'm doing today doesn't even begin to compareAnd if they could march, if millions of people could march this past Saturday, surely I can do this one thing. And maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to impress upon one kid
- •One future voter
- •The importance of marching
- •The need to fight
- •The severityOf their situation. Of our situation.
- •The necessityOf making our voice heard