Jobs where the "he's new" excuse are more acceptable than the presidency
Inspired by a tweet conversation with @LeahG
- •A waiterWaiting tables is hard, expecting your waiter to have it down immediately seems unfair. The president, an office that people are supposed to work towards their whole life, doesn't seem to be the same kind of learn on the job field
- •A cashierI'm always patient with new cashiers as they figure out the system. I'm not so patient with presidents as they figure out the law
- •Bagger at the Grocery StoreYou put my chicken and peaches in the same bag with the laundry detergent and Raid? Better be new.
- •A concession stand at a movie theater"I'm sorry he's knew he doesn't know how to work the popcorn machine" is better than "I'm sorry he's new he doesn't know not to share confidential intel with Russia"Suggested by @LeahG
- •Most Entry Level Office JobsBecause new hires never know where the printer they just sent a document to actually is.Suggested by @ThereWillBeGames
- •Cake decoratorYou can't be expected to be a spelling champ on your first day at the bakery, but the president of the United States shouldn't have quite so many typos and covfefes in his Twitter feed.Suggested by @Gola
- •Stand Up ComedianThey won't have their first open mic be Eddie Murphy Raw
- •A puppyPee on a rug? Well you've been here for three months. Can't get the hang of steps? Yu haven't figured out your own legs yet. Spilled all the food? Well, you're as big as the bowl so I'll let it slideSuggested by @Jacksalack
- •FarmerDid you forget to water the crops? It's fine! You're new!
- •Older lady at the sewing shopYou're going back to work for the first time in 25 years now that your kids are grown, and you just love sewing? Hell yeah I'll let you go off on a tangent about yarn or talk about quilting as you figure out the cash register. However, a man changing careers because he just loves power - I don't have as much patience for him to go off on incoherent tangents at press conferences.Suggested by @rebeccaroanoke
- •Even being new at being The President Of The United States is hard. Really hard. But here's the thing, no matter how New he is, I wouldn't tolerate a waiter who intentionally and aggressively pours boiling soup on my head and then says that he gets bigger tips than anyone, ever, period.Suggested by @pili_ervin
- •Understudy ActorThe lead actor twisted his ankle in the first act and you have to put on the understudy with a script in his hand!? It's Live Theatre, folks, isn't it exciting? But at least he reads the words on the page instead of blabbering on about nothing.Suggested by @jccallist
- •Tight Rope WalkerDid you fall? You are new! That's why we have a net under you.