KIDS SAY THE FUNNIEST THINGS
Get by with a little laugh with my friends
- •"My chocolate told me that this morning"I have learned to pause after a student says something, giving them time to explain it. If they don't, I ask questions. This kid explained her chocolate was a dove and "told me that" meant it was written on the wrapper
- •"My family and I love to go to AA"I asked A LOT of questions. The kid was five. Turns out AA stands for American Airlines and his parents both work there. His mom has begged him not to call it AA.
- •"Last night my mom and I flew to Hawaii and back"Turns out they actually didn't fly to Hawaii, I bet you're shocked.
- •"When I get home my daddy and I are going to screw"Her mom was my teacher partner and when this kid said this my friend was mortified. I asked a lot of questions, while trying to keep a straight face. They were going to "screw her playhouse together, of course." What did you think she meant?
- •"Last year I was a fool"I knew that kid last year. And I didn't ask a single question or disagree. Last year he WAS a fool.
- •"Look at all the beads I got during Mardi Gras"I'm not going to lie, this one almost had me calling CPS. The kid was six guys, SIX. Turns out there's a whole family friendly side to Mardi Gras where kids get beads the proper way. I learned a lot that day.
- •"That cologne is giving me an allergic orgasm"He meant reaction? I think he was actually looking for the word to say asthmatic reaction. I honestly don't know. I just know it was hilarious and everyone in the room knew it was something "bad". One girl said "I don't know what that means, but I know it's something bad!" Well...considering they're eight graders I'll say yes, it's bad...