Movies / books / songs that I suspect were actually written about me:
Requested by @mnickwrites
- •Movies: SpanglishBecause my mom moved here with only a secretarial school degree. Because she worked for an American family when we first moved here that is shockingly like the family depicted in this film. And because I embraced the American culture almost as rapidly as the girl in this movie did.
- •Reality BitesBecause almost everything in this movie resonated with me. Even the part about falling in love with your best friend who is in a band. I never did get my ending with him standing in the rain professing his love for me to a U2 song though.
- •500 days of summerI have looked up the writers, directors and producers of this film out of sheer suspicion. But I'm still not a 100% convinced that one guy I dated in college wasn't somehow involved in this...
- •The Royal TenenbaumsSadly, so much of this film could be about my life and my family.
- •Books: House on Mango streetSo much about this book reminds me of growing up in Mexico. The language, the characters. So many things.
- •A Visit From The Goon SquadI don't know why, but so much about this book reminds me of the people I knew in my early twenties. There are scenes in it that just flat out made me feel like they ripped from my life. It's haunting.
- •The Book ThiefThe way she loves books. The way she risks everything for her love of books. That is something I can identify with SO MUCH
- •The Little PrinceIt was written for me, let me just tell you that. I won't explain it. But it was.
- •Songs: alive (sia)I have actually written about this song and its impact on my life before so I won't repeat myself here except to say it's a great song and you guys should all listen to it.
- •Daddy LessonsSo much of it makes me feel like Beyoncé and I could just talk late into the night.
- •One line/ PJ HarveyOkay in my dream life this is written about me so I'll say it is now
- •You know I'm no good/ Amy whinehouseThe title gives my explanation away;)
- •Story/ Brandi CarlileSuch a beautiful song and also, my theme song.
- •Trouble/ ray la mantaguePretty much what I like to say all the time. No matter how hard I try, trouble finds me. Good or bad.