Movies That Are So Dumb But I Love Them Anyway
Inspired by @sarahmccoy
- •Girls just want to have funI can't help it, girl power, dancing, Helen hunt with a grasshopper on her head and crashing the rich girls party with all the misfits. I LOVE IT
- •Mystic PizzaPredictable plot lines at its finest. And every silly movie must have a singing scene in the car, right?
- •The LA StoryI hate to call any movie with the amazing Steve Martin "dumb". But it was so crazy and over the top. Yet, I love it. It's mockery of LA life is something I can't get enough of.
- •Just FriendsAnna Ferris might be my favorite part of this movie. So full of cheesy, predictable plot lines. But oh my gosh it makes me laugh every single time I watch it.
- •CluelessThere were oh so many reasons to hate this movie. All my artsy friends were mortified when I admitted I had actually laughed and enjoyed it, but I didn't care then, I don't care now! It made me laugh so much.
- •Empire RecordsSo So Sooooo dumb. But come on!! A bunch of angst filled teens with VERY real problems shift all of their focus into saving a record store? A love story that is as endearing as it is vomit inducing? A concert on the roof top that solves EVERYTHING? Making fun of every bad 80s singer ever? What's not to love??
- •13 going on 30I LOVED the original (BIG) so much. But it didn't stop me from falling in love with this much less serious remake. Especially because of THIS dance scene.
- •Practical MagicIt relies heavily on music montages and I'm not afraid to love it
- •The Last SongMust have watched this with my kid a thousand times. And I can admit that half the time it was due to my prompting. I can't resist a movie when a troubled teen finds out the true meaning of life.
- •AquamarineAnother one that I always "watched with my daughter" anything about a mermaid who eats lots of ice cream and teaches two young friends to be selfless is just perfection
- •Bring it onI remember when I first heard about this movie and I said "it's about cheerleading?" With a snarky, I'm better than everyone attitude. But this movie would humble me because I fell in love and haven't looked back since.
- •That thing you doIs it the idea of a little band making it big? Is the old tale of the band falling apart? Is it the super conceited lead singer? The scene where their song is played on the radio and they all scream and dance? Is it because the drummer is cool and hot as hell? I can't answer why I love any of these movies, I just know that I do!