😏 Phrases That Make Me Sound Like A Jerk
Inspired by @Boogie
- •I still get carded for alcoholAnd it's true, I do. But saying it out loud does not make me popular.
- •It's hard for me to find books I haven't readI can't stop reading. I'm addicted to many, many things. (Coffee, heels, fashion, teaching, friends and music) but books are by far my deepest addiction.
- •I love independent/foreign filmsI could lie and pretend I don't go to the independent film festival as much as I can. Or that I won't go fifty miles to the nearest theatre that shows indie films at least three times a month. But I won't lie about it, so...
- •I speak three languages fluently (five if you count the other two I get by in)To quote the great Will Hunting, When I see a piano I see a bunch of keys, three pedals and a box of wood...But when it comes to learning a foreign anguage, I could always just play.
- •Like @Boogie I have a photographic memoryI can quote most movies after only one time of watching them (and I annoyingly often do so) I can remember almost every line in every book I've ever read (I read a lot) and to the misery of anyone whose ever wronged me, I don't forget much.
- •I can get by on very little sleepThis one might get me killed one day, teachers need their sleep. Listen, I try to get a normal nights sleep, because it's healthy and stuff. But on nights like tonight when my nocturnal side kicks in, I know I'm going to be completely fine at work tomorrow. (Sorry, not sorry?)
- •I don't really care for cakeI know, I know, there is something inherently wrong with me. But I make up for it by loving pie, chocolate and everything else that is severely impeding my ability to lose weight.