Reasons I am proud when people call me a "girly girl"
Gifs inspired by @kiraandlulu
- •For the longest time in my life I avoided it allNot for healthy reasons. But I was 25 before I ever put on foundation. And no, I didn't know what an eyelash curler was
- •I knew nothing about clothesOr brands or anything. And I was proud of it . Like I wonder if I did it on purpose? Shopped in the grandma section perhaps?
- •And then I got a job that required me to dress upI don't know how I got it based on what I wore to the interview. It was bad!!! And the poor woman assigned to mentor me...I want to find her now and apologize to her so much
- •I dressed terriblyAndy has nothing on me guys
- •I'm sure this was said behind my back a lotAnd I can't even blame them
- •I knew nothing about brandsIt was ridiculous
- •I didn't understand about body image problemsI had trained myself not to care to the point that even being thin wasn't something I cared about
- •Also, much like Andy, I didn't "get it right away"I still thought the whole dress up thing was silly. I too, was a slow learner
- •So then I finally started asking questionsI know I drove everyone crazy
- •I failed A LOTPeople around me were as patient as can be expected
- •And my lack of learning did almost cost my jobIt might sound wrong but honestly it was only fair. And in the end I'm glad I was pushed to that level
- •I wish I could say I look like this nowBut I'm still learning. And I'm proud to be girly in the end. Not to sound trite, but I really did learn so much about life in the process