Reasons I'm Like Loralie Gilmore
And why my daughter is Rory
- •My daughter turns sixteen tomorrowI planned a party for her and my mother (aka Emily Gilmore) didn't think it was "fancy enough" so she planned a different one at a nice hotel. And of course she forgot to tell us before she invited people
- •I was a bit of a teen mess/my daughter is an honor studentWish I had been as motivated as she is to make good grades, go to college-she wants to be a nurse! I'm one lucky mom
- •I can't stop talking to everyone/she's shyI love her just the way she is, but it doesn't stop me from encouraging her to spread her wings and fly a little
- •I tend to drag her into all kinds of stuff/she goes with itArt shows, plays, concerts- you name it (I was six months pregnant and went to the pink concert- I like to tease her I've been taking her to fun places since she was a fetus)
- •I'm constantly messing with her/ she tries to make me stopCan't help it. Or don't want to. It's fun. She tries to get me to be serious but...
- •We are very freakishly closeWe spend so much time together, and I might sometimes have asked her a question like this...maybe we are too close...
- •I can be slightly inappropriate/ she is always cautious when I make my commentsI'm not going to say I haven't said things like this
- •I can be slightly immature/ she's too grown upI'm not going to say I haven't said things like this
- •I am addicted to coffee. Okay that one we share.I need coffee with my coffee, I need coffee so I can get the coffee...
- •I just can't get being a daughter right/ she can't get it wrong at allBut I think I do okay at being a mom
- •I'm a bit crazy/ she's a bit too saneTogether we make sense
- •I really really love snow/ my Rory does tooLike maybe a little too much
- •I decided to go to grad school/my Rory has been very supportiveWhile being a mom and having a full time job. Insane
- •I've been known to wear ridiculous things/my Rory tries to stop meAnd I stand by them. Also my closet might be a walk in closet that was meant for a married couple and it might be full. When bins and shelfs full of clothes. I make no apologies
- •I might be a bit combative with my parents/my Rory tries to stop meBut I swear my parents are just like the gilmores so doesn't that justify it?
- •I don't like mornings/my Rory is always waking me up to "get things done"Like, at all
- •I might be too involved with my kids friends and their personal lives/my Rory strangely doesn't mindI'm not nosy I just really care
- •Also did I mention I like coffee?/my Rory has given up standing in the way (she's a smart girl, that one)I resurrected this list just for you @Boogie but thank you for your request to do so. I am quite enjoying this trip down my list lane. Hope it's not driving all of you nuts!