Times I've literally sat by my phone
- •When I was waiting to get an interview for a scholarship and they only notified us by phone
- •When both of my brothers were serving in Iraq at the same time and they could only call once in a while and if I missed it that was it
- •When I was in a long distance relationship and there was a very narrow window to talk to each other
- •When my son had his tests done to see if he was epileptic and then the test to see if there was a lesion in his brain, didn't have to wait long for either result so...
- •When my friend went in to do her last chemo session and start radiation, which she never got to start.
- •When the election happened and I waited for word from the people who I leaned on. I was amazed by how many people reached out that I hadn't expected to hear from, and shocked by the people who I leaned on that never reached out,
- •Yesterday, when my friend had what turned out to be a nearly eight hour surgery to remove her cancer. And today, as I wait to hear how she's doing today.