Times When I Disappointed My Mother
And the list will keep on growing
- •That time I spoke upOkay maybe every time I spoke up. My mom believes in the smile and say something like "I see" instead of saying what one believes. I don't abide by that policy.
- •When I put my children on a scheduleMy mom pretty much felt that life should be lead according to the parents life style. So when my kids had bed times, feeding times and such, this was just craziness to her
- •When I didn't go to grad school right after collegeIt was what I was supposed to do. College, grad school, that was the plan. But I decided not to do things that way and we didn't have a good relationship for years after that.
- •When she finally came to termsWith the fact that I'm never going to be a morning person. It just isn't me guys. I like sleeping in.
- •When I decided to get a divorceI guess no parent wants that. But some parents put their children's happiness before image, no?
- •When I decided never to get married againI think the divorce could only be redeemed by remarrying a more suitable man. I'm happy the way my life is so when she brings up marriage I just roll my eyes because I'm a grown up.
- •When I don't caveOn anything. We make it work. We have the kids to work through things for. And when we disagree we just shrug it off