TODAY I HOPE
A meditative list
- •To keep my calmIt's been another challenging week. Yesterday I ended my day by asking for help getting a child stuck out of a tree.
- •Students have lost their mindI had a kid ask me to him his potato (okay that was actually hilarious. He really had a potato he was using as his phone stylist) I had a group of girls decide to wander the halls and then come ask me for a pass after ten minutes. I mean, are you serious?
- •Teachers have lost their mindI had a teacher wrote said student those passes. I had a counselor tell me I couldn't write a kid up for hitting other kids and running out of my room. I overheard a teacher ask a student if he was going to be good for the sub. To which he replied with "it depends on who it is". And her reply "oh I can see that" ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
- •Today I hopeTo keep perspective. To remember why I'm there to begin with. To drown out the noise.
- •To remember that they're kidsThat they're going to do crazy things. And it's my job to guide them.
- •To be the best me that I can beAnd hope it is enough to resonate with at least one child.
- •It's a three day weekend hereSo maybe they'll get some much needed rest. And maybe, just maybe
- •I won't have to end my dayWith a kid getting locked in the bathroom. With a kid cussing out a teacher. With feeling like I failed. With having a glass of wine before five pm. But if I do, at least it's Friday and I can use that as my excuse.