TV SERIES THAT ENDED TOO SOON
A list by a tv critic in mourning
- •My So Called LifeThe very first tv series I ever watched. I was a theatre, journalism and book fanatic so I didn't make time for tv. And then this series happened. And I fell in love. And then my love was taken from me
- •Dead Like MeSo it took me years to get over my broken tv series heart. And then I dared to love again. Just when I was falling head over heels...cancelled. Again.
- •HuffLet's call this show my rebound. I entered it hastily. Didn't trust it or want to commit to it. But then Hank Azeria sort of won me over with his charm. And just when I was starting to fall...cancelled. Abandonment issues that only a psychologist like Huff could cure. It disappeared without a trace! I can't even find a GIF to remember it by!
- •CarnivaleOkay I watched this on disc. So I have only myself to blame. I knew the shelf life of this series. But I dared to love it anyway. NOT EVEN SORRY
- •Studio 60 on the Sunset StripI binged watched this one, so again, knew what I was getting into. It wrapped up awkwardly and suddenly. Just like a real life break up.
- •DEADWOODHave you ever known a series was ending but loved it so much you lived in denial during the entire two seasons? That was pretty much me. With this. I looooved this show so much. I still feel like it's coming back ANY day now.
- •Pushing DaisiesSo. I'd finally healed from my loss of Dead Like Me. And then the creator comes back and is all, let's give it another chance? We can get it right this time. I won't leave you this time. And my heart was broken yet again.
- •BunheadsOnce again, I had an ex come back to me. Amy Sherman left Gilmore Girls suddenly and the show broke my heart so much I couldn't finish the series. So she came back with bunheads. Give me another chance...and well. You know how this ends. I'm still optimistic I'll get closure with the Gilmore Girls Reunion...maybe.
- •True DetectiveOkay, maybe this show is getting a third season? I haven't actually heard. And I have to admit, I fell hard and fast for this one. Almost like I had never experienced pain before. But even I know when a relationship has gone bad. And after the second season of this show...well, I have no choice but to walk away.
- •The FallWhy oh why was it only two seasons? It was brilliantly written, executed and acted. Gillian? Why must you leave me?
- •The NewsroomSo this was everything I wanted in a series. Political, thought provoking and so many inspirational characters. I'm not going to say I handled this break up gracefully. But I will say I felt this series gave me hope I could love again.
- •Twin PeaksI JUST started watching this and realized it has a longevity of only two seasons. That seems to be the magic break up series number. And despite the fact that I'll soon have my heart broken, I can't help it. I'm falling and falling hard! Hopeless romantic or masichist? While you decide that, I'll be watching Twin Peaks.