What thanksgiving dishes do you make in advance?
Hostess advice needed!
- •So most of the time I try to make most of my dishes the day or night beforeBut tonight I'm considering doing the crazy thing of getting up early tomorrow and making it all on the same day!
- •I made piesMostly pecan but one coconut cream, one cheese cake and one key lime. I need advice listers!
- •Cranberry Sauce and Pies.I also prechopped onion and celery.Suggested by @kelrie
- •I only make desserts ahead of time for Thanksgiving.For Christmas, we make some sides ahead of time, but all the Thanksgiving dishes get made day of.Suggested by @MissJess
- •Today I made cranberry sauce and a vegetable gratin to bake tomorrow and my husband made pies.Suggested by @ladyprofessor
- •Normally, A LOT! Like the cranberry sauce, the herb butter, bake the sweet potatoes, sauté the veggies for stuffing, the rolls..I did ZERO today, but grocery shop😫Here's to early mornings @karlalucia 😱😘Suggested by @cvlop61
- •Just pies!Cause I only have one oven. Everything else, Thanksgiving Day. Except I'm brining my turkey for the first time in years thanks to @cvlop61 reminding me how much it improves the 🦃Suggested by @angela3950
- •I made the cornbread portion of the cornbread dressing. And, this isn't helpful to you, but I made all the gluten free stuff today so it won't get flour dust tomorrow. Just making rolls tomorrow.Oh! I also made muddy buddies for the kids to snack on while the grown folks cook.Suggested by @Boogie
- •When I used to host I made the desserts ahead and did some prep work such as chopping onions and celery, setting the table, getting out all the pots pans and tools I would need and grouping them together. I always made a timetable also starting hour before serving time and then the morning as to what needed to be done, when, and in the right order.Suggested by @Heartsounds
- •My suggestion had a confusing last sentence that should say something like this: I also made a timetable starting a half hour before dinner and working backwards to figure out what to do the next morning, what order to do things, what time, and how long each dish would take. It helped me to not miss things and to delegate if anyone offered. Sorry!Suggested by @Heartsounds