ELEMENTARY SCHOOL INSIDE JOKES
This kind of just turned into general memory barf??
- •ZorcoillinoistreetoptexasrainbowrockstreetlunchboxcenterI did not come up with this one, I had to beg the cool kids to let me play.
- •Tork & TurqMy 4th grade bestie and I pretended we were blue dogs in space, a spin off of Zorco. I hear he has crazy dreads and is in a jam band now.
- •Chipmunk ClubWe are a lot of cornmeal mush at our summer and winter homes. Ingredients: dirt + pebbles we stole from the playground; stir with stick. One time this girl named Jessica invited herself to play with us and we didn't really like it. She named herself Walnut.
- •Chipmunk NewsMy entire 4th grade class contributed to this newspaper, of which I was Editor in Chief.
- •This isn't really an inside joke, but I had a boyfriend in kindergarten named Blake who had a second girlfriend named CathyWonder what happened to them.
- •There was a plot to blow up the worldI have no idea. These kids named Hugh and Jeff and I met in first grade and pretty much until fifth grade Hugh (the aspiring inventor/engineer) would tell us about his plans to blow up the world. Don't worry, this was naive little kid fun and the plans were abandoned for actual goals.
- •Maze stripsThis kid named Bryan taught me how to make cool mazes with strips of paper.
- •The Ludicrous Peregrination Beyond AndromedaThe title of this great novel I wrote about one page of. Totally weirded out my 5th grade Sunday School teacher with that one.
- •That one time when the cool thing to do was to eat hot chocolate powder out of the packet with a spoon, at lunch.
- •FRITO CHILI PIE DAY WAS THE BEST