STUFF I'VE FOUND SOOTHING DURING NURSING SCHOOL
Epiphany: after writing up this list I've come to the realization that I soothe myself auditorily. The common theme tying nearly all of these together is there's something unique about the sound of each that I'm drawn to.
- •Any episode of Gilmore girls.Um, duh. It's like having old friends in the room.
- •Bakery StoryIt's the music. I actually first got into this game while working on an MPH, so I especially associate it with school.
- •Candy Blast ManiaAlso the music.
- •PodcastsDear Hank and John, RadioLab, This American Life, Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, Snap Judgment, The Moth.
- •A Very She & Him ChristmasI don't even care for this band. But at the end of my first semester, I slid into a significant depression and for some reason, this album was very helpful in my coping.
- •Music without vocals.Metal, hip hop, prog rock, electronica, video game soundtracks
- •SmoshUtter stupidity is the best counterbalance for intense mountains of pathophys and pharm.
- •Food NetworkIron Chef America, Chopped, Cupcakes Wars, all great for putting on in the background.
- •Coffee shop studyage.I can't study when it's quiet - silence drives me crazy. Also it's nice to be surrounded by humans!
- •Picking a show over studying.Always turns out to be the best choice.