Thoughts I had when attending Beyoncé's Formation World Tour
Went to see Beyoncé on a whim just as a regular person who did not consider herself a member of the Beehive.
- •Why was my ticket so cheap?I was at work, around 1pm day of the concert my manager asked if I was going to Beyoncé, I didn't even realize she was performing that night. Out of curiosity I looked at ticket prices on StubHub... $20 to see one of the greatest female artists of my generation? SOLD
- •I am not dressed for thisI show up in jorts and a tshirt that said Pizza is Life with freshly knotted golden locks. Everyone else showed up in black, body tight, sleek, Beyonce-esque attire, braids, but fell short to replicating the beauty of Queen B.
- •Where did my 19 year old sister get that beer from?Ran into my younger sister holding an ice cold Bud Light in hand. I was baffled by this considering I went sober. I would have had my ass kicked by my parents for that. Smh @ the baby of the family getting away with everything...
- •She is even more ~flawless~ in personThe lights dimmed, the rectangular prism of light on stage lit up and started to spin, Formation began to play...and then underneath her black brimmed hat, she appeared. I was taken back like don't think I've been in the same room with someone that good looking ever. Honored to be breathing the same air. Slay queen, slay.
- •I want Beyoncé's bodyI like how she owns her figure. Like I probably wouldn't have felt the same seeing Taylor Swift twerk on stage. Sadly I was given the figure of a pre-pubescent girl so no big booty/hips for me.
- •Where do I learn to dance like that?Her moves just made you want to be her. Like yes I am a white, blonde girl that occasionally Irish step dances at the bar but I got nothing in comparison to her moves.
- •I might not be straightBeyoncé began to sing the sultry Crazy in Love that they use in 50 Shades of Gray promos in a red leather leotard with a Clifford the Dog fur coat. Then she sang the original Crazy in Love. After, for a solid 2 minutes, she turned her backside to the crowd and shook what her mother gave her to Bootylicious. Really questioned my sexuality at that moment.
- •Omg I'm cryingWhen she was changing outfits, they began to play old home videos of young Bey as well as Blue Ivy. I instantly started tearing up. Home movies are just touching and get me every time.
- •Wow I am so glad I wentBest $20 I've ever spent. Life altering. Inspiring. Entertaining. Learned that the most important relationship is the relationship you have with yourself. PREACH
- •How do I get a membership into the Beehive?Seriously though I want to be apart of it. I now understand why/how people are so obsessed with her.