Already on li.st? Open in app.
Around the age of 16 I developed a mushroom allergy. Previously, I didn't really like mushrooms but I ate them occasional. Since then, I have avoided them like the plague but I still encounter them in the weirdest places. (I've met a few other like me, some are allergic to certain types, some are allergic to all, as I am)
- •Bolthouse Farm C-Boost SmoothieI was drinking this for breakfast in class, then my throat started to close up. First epi-pen experience. This lovely smoothie had "Maitake Mushroom Powder" something I didn't know existed.
- •Mushroom Super HydratorForget trying to stay moisturized, this new complex is being added to a lot of facial moisturizers like Glossier's priming moisturizer and a lot of Olay products. My face currently is covered in hives.
- •Various Restaurant's "Veggie Mix" and "Steamed Vegetables"Once I ordered a "Southwest Quesadilla" the description just stated cheese, chicken, fajita veggies. The picture showed only a variety of bell peppers. Ate half, then my tongue became swollen and low and behold mushrooms inside. (I sent it back original back because I checked, then the restaurant just picked the mushrooms they saw off and gave it back. The hell I put that manager through while trying not to die)
The most stressful and loaded senior superlative there is. Thoughts on why I was voted and if it was right.
- •My high school had a male and female winner in each category.The guy was shy and quiet with the handwriting of a serial killer. Last thing I heard he just plays video games at his parents house.
- •I was student body president, class president 3 of 4 years, had to step down to Vice President senior year due to my overall presidency.I pretty much started a political empire, and then completely stopped extra curriculars in college. That was definitely a failure.
- •I was tied for first in the class.People thought they could cheat off me, I never let them. This caused a guy to cry once. Ruthless. But I definitely got a D my first semester of college, I got distracted by a lot of boyfriend time and no parental guidance.
Let's be honest she's and Chuck are the best Gossip Girl has to offer. Inspired by the current List App trend.
The best university in the Southern Midwest. I will miss this place.
- •Located in Norman, OK one of the most liberal and progressive cities in the middle of a political nightmare state.
- •The leading public university with National Merit Scholars.
- •David L. Boren. The man. DBo. Our father.The worlds best University president, a great former political leader that has a great heart and attitude.
- •To Kill A MockingbirdOnce for school, then multiple times for pleasure. As well as once in Italian.
- •In Cold BloodA classic. I actually visited Holcomb on my way to Denver last summer.
- •Breakfast at Tiffany'sAnother Capote classic. Read best when you're feeling like a terrible person. Also, once in Italian.
Of course, these can change with my next adventure. However, with law school starting in about 2 months it will be a while before I expand and redetermine this list.
- 1.FlorenceIf you could have a spirit city this would be mine. The history, the art, the gardens, the buildings all encompass you with the warmest most heartfelt embrace.
- 2.PortlandThis is such a fun city that is modern yet somehow still in a distant past, maybe a better past? Idk, I dig it.
- 3.New OrleansThis city gives me a similar feeling as Florence, but there is the insane crime rate and fear of being killed that influences the score. +2 points for beignets
Growing up in Oklahoma means that you come with some special skills and habits to get you through the spring (which isn't the spring to us, it's tornado season)
- •When storms that are potentially tornadic are forecasted businesses and schools are closed. Some communities basically shut down.This is a new development since the 2013 Moore tornadoes that killed students at school.
- •You double check your insurance deductible in case of hail damage.I did this. This morning actually.
- •Some ride out the storms close to public shelters in case of a tornado.Since I live in a college town with a large out of state population this is most of them.
I've never been the type of girl that plans out her future wedding at a young age. I've always had a strange stance on the topic. It even took me a solid year to make a wedding Pinterest board which I titled "The Wedding That Will Never Happen."
- •I can't for the life of me understand why people spend their life savings (or their parents) on an event that lasts a few hours.
- •Some say it's the ~experience~ with their loved ones, but I'd rather elope and experience something new and special with my partner
- •Marriage is just a legal title, if you are truly committed it isn't necessary.
- •Amazon primeI rarely go to the store for anything anymore. Why go to the store when it can be delivered to your door in 2 days?
- •Online food orderingI hate paying delivery fees, but it's worth it to not have to deal with the public.
- •Roku app remoteI am perfectly okay losing my remote and not looking for it because I can use the app.