Confessions of a Girl Voted Most Likely to Succeed in High School
The most stressful and loaded senior superlative there is. Thoughts on why I was voted and if it was right.
- •My high school had a male and female winner in each category.The guy was shy and quiet with the handwriting of a serial killer. Last thing I heard he just plays video games at his parents house.
- •I was student body president, class president 3 of 4 years, had to step down to Vice President senior year due to my overall presidency.I pretty much started a political empire, and then completely stopped extra curriculars in college. That was definitely a failure.
- •I was tied for first in the class.People thought they could cheat off me, I never let them. This caused a guy to cry once. Ruthless. But I definitely got a D my first semester of college, I got distracted by a lot of boyfriend time and no parental guidance.
- •I never partied in high school.Everyone thought I was boring. That definitely changed with college, which now shocks people I graduated high school with.
- •I guess they were right though?I'm not married. I don't have children, like many of my classmates. (Not that those are failures though). But instead I graduated college in 3.5 years, I studied abroad (basically the only person from my hs to do this), and I am attending law school in the fall.
- •Except I feel like this title hovers over me, because I could still fail.What exactly does it mean to succeed?
- •Moral of the story, titles do not matter, but they can leave a lasting feeling of inadequacy in the winners mind for years after.