MY THOUGHTS ON MARRIAGE AND WEDDINGS
I've never been the type of girl that plans out her future wedding at a young age. I've always had a strange stance on the topic. It even took me a solid year to make a wedding Pinterest board which I titled "The Wedding That Will Never Happen."
- •I can't for the life of me understand why people spend their life savings (or their parents) on an event that lasts a few hours.
- •Some say it's the ~experience~ with their loved ones, but I'd rather elope and experience something new and special with my partner
- •Marriage is just a legal title, if you are truly committed it isn't necessary.
- •WE WANT PRENUPBest rap lyrics ever. Yeah, even if I elope I am getting a prenup. They have a bad stigma, but they're beneficial to both parties.
- •Glitz and glamour isn't my thing. I hate diamonds, but I love pretty dresses and planning events. Just not events for myself.
- •It's all a show. As a shy person I don't like PDA, a wedding is just a PDA festival.
- •Honestly could come up with a million reasons why it's not for me, but that doesn't mean I disagree with others buying into it. Do what you want with your life.