THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS
These things definitely make me "basic" but I like comfort and these things have comforted me through many things.
- •Clean sheetsThe best night sleep is the first night after washing your sheets. The sun and the moon aligns and creates a cosmic environment in my bed.
- •Pondering life while watching a candle burnI guess the young pyro in me is still intrigued by an open flame. But there is something about controlling fire (albeit by burning a wick on a candle) that makes you feel like you have control over things; even when you don't.
- •Browsing a used bookstoreForget new books (even though I by a fare share of these), there is something about picking out old used books that gives me joy. Maybe it's the joy in recycling the happiness a book gives from person to person instead of discarding.
- •Being alone in natureSome times I will wander off late at night or early in the morning and just go sit; in a park, field, treed area. This is the closest thing to meditation in my life. Dew collecting on the grass and myself. Fresh crisp air that makes you feel alive.
- •Driving with no destinationThis has been my thing since I got a drivers license. Have a fight with a friend? Drive. Upset over something? Drive. Going through a rough break up? Drive hours and hours at all hours. Contemplating breaking up with a boyfriend? Take him on a drive to express your grievances. A similar feeling when cars are not an option is a long train ride with a window seat.
- •Being alone in generalI've never considered myself an introvert, but with age the more so I become. I love being alone, and I don't think there is shame in that.