Growing up in Oklahoma means that you come with some special skills and habits to get you through the spring (which isn't the spring to us, it's tornado season)
- •When storms that are potentially tornadic are forecasted businesses and schools are closed. Some communities basically shut down.This is a new development since the 2013 Moore tornadoes that killed students at school.
- •You double check your insurance deductible in case of hail damage.I did this. This morning actually.
- •Some ride out the storms close to public shelters in case of a tornado.Since I live in a college town with a large out of state population this is most of them.
- •Some sit outside and watch.These are redneck and cocky kids usually, that think they're meteorologists. They probably have brain damage from the hail hitting their heads.
- •Those like myself just hang out on the couch with their dog while watching the news and returning long overdue emails.
- •One thing we all share is knowledge of certain weather terms that sounds like the weather guys are possibly fishing? (I've never gone fishing so I wouldn't know)Dry line and hook echo for example.
- •We all hope the radar would look like this so we could just relax and go to bed at a reasonable hour.But knowing Oklahoma it is never going to stay that way for long.