Already on li.st? Open in app.
A game @veebee and I play often. (Not in any particular order)
- •First off she went to Dartmouth which is extremely impressive and then went to write for the office. The fact that she was already so good when she just graduated college is astounding. Also her book is one of my favorite things ever, and every time she posts an Instagram I die. (Also she lives in LA and I live in LA so gotta play the probabilities!!)
- •John MulaneyQuotes from New in Town and Come Back Kid have become part of my everyday dialogue and I have seen each about ten times. ONE BLACK COFFEE
- •Florence WelchFlorence has been my favorite singer for as long as I can remember. Her songs all have some sort of message or story and I really appreciate that. Also her poetry is the most beautiful thing ever, and her movie The Odyssey was incredible.
Most of these are really sad, and some are really cheesy, but I like them. Inspired by @veebee and her recent art project.
- •"When adults say, "Teenagers think they are invincible" with that sly, stupid smile on their faces, they don't know how right they are. We need never be hopeless, because we can never be irreparably broken. We think that we are invincible because we are. We cannot be born, and we cannot die. Like all energy, we can only change shapes and sizes..."Looking for Alaska
- •"They forget that when they get old. They get scared of losing and failing. But that part of us greater than the sum of our parts cannot begin and cannot end, and so it cannot fail"Looking for Alaska
- •"And then something invisible snapped insider her, and that which had come together commenced to fall apart"Looking for Alaska
If you could only watch 5 movies for the rest of your life...
- •Silver Linings PlaybookFirst off Jennifer Lawrence and her Oscar winning performance. She is absolutely perfect. Also Bradley Cooper kills it per usual. This movie gives people with mental instability a more humane portrayal which is so important.
- •WhiplashVisually captivating and Miles Teller is amazing. This movie also has one of my favorite quotes ever: "There are no two words more harmful than good job."
- •Almost FamousSoundtrack, story line, Kate Hudson, all perfect.