ANATOMY OF A FIELD TRIP FROM A TEACHER'S POV
Just a relaxing day for teachers right?
- •It starts with the collecting last minute permission slips & receipting last minute money, gathering any meds I need for students.
- •Making sure all students have their name written on their lunch bags and overseeing as they use sharpies & masking tape to write their names on brown bags & ziplock bags (because why read the letters and reminders I send home-it's more fun this way?), gathering coolers with school lunches for the other half of the population
- •Then counting them as they board the bus (you have to come back with the same amount and same students you left with)!The only GIFS & images I could find for this were Duggar ones! 😱🚫 (Just imagine me counting 24 10-11 year olds)
- •Keeping them somewhat quiet & out of the aisles so the bus driver can get us there safely! School Bus Drivers are the true heroes!
- •Then, a day of herding cats!Just click the link! http://youtu.be/Pk7yqlTMvp8
- •Exhausted and hoping that apple & granola bar I scarfed down for lunch keep me energized for the ride back with students who never seem to run out of energy....Ever!
- •Then, back to school! Oh good, there are still 24 kids!
- •Then they all go home safely and... I realize tomorrow is NOT Saturday and I have two more days to get ready for!
- •Finally home!50 hour work weeks are awesome!