COME ON KATE! YOU KNOW YOU WANNA LIST IT! 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽 : I'LL NEVER LIVE IT DOWN
Okay @Lindi - this is an old request and I think it will bring some joy to List App and I feel that this "community" will not mock me too much! **Also, @dad3 this list serves to fulfill your WHAT AN AIRHEAD: MAY I HAVE A REDO? list request
- •The year was 2004. It was late May or June, which means I just earned a Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood Education and a Minor in Psychology.
- •Prior to this I completed 13 years of education (K-12) during which I was always an A/B student (except for that hateful Biology teacher in 10th grade)
- •I unenthusiastically joined some friends to see the 2 hr 43 min movie, Troy.I know, muscles and Orlando Bloom(it was 2004) but I was still apathetic.
- •So we're watching the movie. I'm enjoying my Diet Coke and probably Junior Mints.
- •It was actually a pretty decent movie considering it isn't my movie genre of choice.
- •That part where the Greeks snuck in to Troy in that wooden horse that the Trojans pulled through their own city was pretty clever.
- •This is what I was thinking when I say, "Didn't see that coming!"
- •Most of my friends just rolled their eyes or humored my smart ass remark with a chuckle.
- •But my friend's boyfriend, now husband, must have seen the look on my face. (You can read my face like a book) because he said, "Wait are you serious?"
- •I said, "Yeah that's a really good idea!" He just stared at me.
- •The hour after the movie was filled with discussion about how I possibly could've completed 18 years of school and missed the part about The Trojan Horse.
- •There was a gap in my education somewhere. I'd heard of Homer's The Iliad but never had to read it.
- •I was never interested in classic literature or Greek mythology. In fact all the books I was forced to read in school and 4 years of required summer reading actually made me hate reading for awhile.
- •This is still not an excuse, but I'm inclined to blame my private school education and my parents' strict limited television rules. I'm sure there was a Simpsons episode that would've explained it all!
- •So that's my "I'll never live it down" moment. Most of my friends have forgotten or don't get the chance to remember because if nostalgic conversations get a little too close for comfort, I just change the subject to their kids! 😉
- •Oh, and don't worry, I will only be teaching Math to your children or future children when I start teaching in middle school!