COMPLIMENTS I RECEIVE THAT MAKE ME FEEL GOOD
Inspired by @jennamarie
- •"You're funny""You're funny!" Or "you're hilarious" Usually when I meet new people but they're scared about how I react so they'll say to another person in the group, "She's a funny one!" Or keep it impersonal like, "You're a trip" or "You're on fire" (Maybe this isn't a compliment- I take it as such!)
- •"You're a breath of fresh air"I've actually heard this one a few times and it makes me feel wonderful!
- •"My child really likes you. They talk about you and how they love your class. "These usually come from the ones I least expect it and they have no reason to blow smoke up my ass so I take it as genuine. Another bittersweet one is, "They actually enjoy coming to school this year!" 😕 What fresh hell did they suffer through last year?
- •"Wow! I could never do that."This one used to bother me and I took it as a dig but now I take it as a compliment. Usually in response to me saying I moved out of state by myself for a job or traveled alone! Maybe some people really couldn't do that??
- •"God damn, you're sexy!"This one is tricky because it comes from me when I face myself in the mirror each morning!
- •It's so weird that writing this feels arrogant or boastful, which I'm not and never been accused of but, still feels wrong!I encourage all of you to long press and make your own list!