I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD ________________, BUT...
Hope there's something here everyone can relate to. Feel free to "suggest" the first thing that comes to your mind!
- •Look forward to sitting and watching Netflix on a Friday nightBut...here I sit after a long week and IT IS GLORIOUS!
- •Be fortunate and brave enough to spend time by myself in a foreign country where English is not the native languageBut...I did. About a year and a half ago I spent 15 days in Tokyo with a group of educators as part of a Math Lesson Study immersion Project. I added a 4 day stay at the end during which I explored Tokyo the way I wanted to. It was the most exhilarating and empowering time of my life- I crave that feeling almost every day!
- •Have a beer in the showerBut...I totally just did and it was delicious! What? People have wine in the tub; why can't I have a beer in the shower?
- •Find a place where I could be so vulnerable without judgement (besides therapy)But... Here I sit typing away, feeling safe doing so and on a social media App no less.
- •Be this age and not have kidsBut...here I am at 34, single and totally NOT ready to have kids anytime soon. I'm content with this feeling too! Never know what the future holds AND I get to Netflix & Chill tonight and sleep in as late as I want tomorrow!
- •Stop wearing heels to workBut...I realized today that I wore them twice this year(when I was giving presentations). Teaching all day in heels?I don't know how I did it.
- •Admit that my parents were rightBut...they were! I find myself saying the same thing to my 10-11 year old students on a weekly basis that they said to me: "If they don't treat you very well, they're probably not really worth your time." I wonder if any of them can see this now?
- •Still find FRIENDS quotes so applicable in so many situationsBut...I still quote FRIENDS quite often. Yup, I'm that girl!
- •get marriedbut I met @mesten!Suggested by @boygirlparty
- •Write musicHere I am!!!Suggested by @clearcourses
- •Ever want to visit America, but then I watched the West Wing, and now I live here and I never want to leave.Suggested by @bookishclaire
- •Start eating betterI read an article in Men's health that basically said if you're in your 30s and you eat poorly (fast food frequently for lunch) you will get erectile disfunction...best way to scare a guy into anything, just say. "if you don't change your dick won't work"Suggested by @Tempe_Stripmall
- •Find professional happiness but...I run a successful bar (actually 3 bars in 1), and oversee minor operations for 7 others.Suggested by @saytrumbo
- •Own 2 dogs....But they are two of the best decisions I have ever made! Who doesn't want unconditional love combined with cuteness and unbridled excitement every time you walk into the room!🐶🐶Suggested by @saracasserly