TIMES I ACTUALLY FEEL LIKE A "GROWN UP"
Although I'm 34, I rarely actually feel like a grown up (which I'm learning to appreciate more and more) These are some of times when I DO feel like a grown up:
- •When I buy an entire book of stamps
- •When I'm in bed by 10pm
- •When I get summoned for Jury DutyAlso, on Things That Are a Pain in the Ass
- •When I spent Saturday getting a flu shot and going into the mall for underwear on the last day of the 7/27.50 sale dayNeither of these things are appealing to me but I did them because I needed too!
- •When I schedule dental and eye appointments when I'm actually due for them!
- •When I paid off my carsOh Winston, we're stuck together now!
- •When I give advice to tweens (and they listen)
- •When I catch myself saying things like, "back in my day..." Or "when I was a kid, we would never have..."
- •When I do "above and beyond" chores like cleaning the burner drip pans, clean behind furniture, wipe down baseboards
- •When I cook a meal with all food groups represented
- •As I've written this list, I thought about making it open for suggestions but realized that "being a grown up" means so many different things to different people in different places at different points in their lives!