Already on li.st? Open in app.
Aside from the usual.
- •Aly & AJ's single "Take Me"Was distraught when I missed this song being out for a second in June. Barring "Hothouse" and the songs they wrote with that, all of which can now basically only be heard via bootleg, this is the first new material in ten years, and I am HERE FOR IT. Have probably listened to it thirty times in the last twelve hours.
- •The PinSketch comedy on BBC Radio 4. Walks that fine line between delightfully silly and annoyingly clever, aka right up my alley. Series 3 is available (at least for U.S. listeners) for a few more weeks, though I think the first episode expires today?
- •Empire's White Aphro wit aleI can see this being a very divisive beer— you'll either love the lavender or feel like you're drinking soap. If a beer can be "pretty", this one is.
Just let me have this.
- •We both have long blonde hair that we like to have put into braids.Unfortunately, my hair is dirty blonde and I'd need to grow an extra arm to be able to do her kinds of braids for myself.
- •We each have at least one non-human child.Mine's a cat, though. (Maybe this is more of a Ser Pounce situation.)
- •Neither of us has any time for pushy dudes, disloyalty, or people who want to enslave other people.Um, duh. Most of humanity has this in common?
Favorite short pieces from film and television scores. The final episode of "Fargo" (maybe ever?) airs tonight, so YOU KNOW what #1 is gonna be.
- •"Wrench and Numbers" by Jeff RussoFor "Fargo" on FX. Link: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=icOD6Lm08lg
- •"Cabin in the Air" by Nancy WilsonFor "Almost Famous". Link: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jv7HXLJFprE
- •"Song for Jesse" by Nick Cave & Warren EllisFor "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford". Link: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JUXgxHj4z5Q
It's about 6 PM on 6/6... so let's chat about all the things we love about "What We Do in the Shadows".
- •"Dead but delicious"And the whole montage of preparing for a night out on the town, vampire style
- •Stu telling Vlad how to poke people on Facebook
- •"Do you like... bisketti?"
- •"Let me tell you about the dream I had last night."
- •I was in a play with the cast of Twin Peaks.
- •Or maybe, I was in a play and the residents of Twin Peaks were also actors.
I haven't listed since December because...
- •I've been spending minimal amounts of time of social media because the current state of the world has made my anxiety 1000x worse.And yes, I feel really bad about it because that's one of things I specifically decided I wasn't going to do.
- •I'm busier than I've ever been at work and by the time I have any free time, I'm too exhausted to write coherently.And yes, I'm being hyperbolic and lazy.
- •I've been crafting the perfect list over the course of several months.HAHAHAHA... As you may have guessed, this is the lie (or, if you prefer, the "alternative fact"). And as List is phasing out drafts, I'm taking the opportunity to let some of my... less inspired ideas go.
Or, To Willfully Take a Catchphrase at Face Value and Analyze It With Artificial Sincerity
- •I was eating a Bagel Bite earlier tonight,And like so many of us do, sang the jingle to myself while chowing down.
- •You know how it goes....
- •"When pizza's on a bagel, you can eat pizza anytime!"
- •I came home from work at lunchtime today.Nausea and exhaustion dominated my morning. I know that it was anxiety and disgust.
- •Honestly, I just couldn't go on like it was any other day.I couldn't carry on my normal routine, and be around people who seemed able to do so.
- •I live in a small "city" that's the center of a largely rural county. Yesterday, over ten thousand people that I live and work alongside voted for a person I find despicable.My state, never absolutely but so reliably blue, instead tipped just over into the red.