TV I Watched With My Parents Growing Up
Might have just figured out why I am the way that I am
- •The SimpsonsMy mom used to get so mad at my dad when he would let me watch it with him. He had the right idea though I mean it's a cartoon!
- •FriendsSimilarly my dad would get so mad at my mom when she would let me watch it with her.
- •CheersI remember sitting on my dads lap watching this when I was really little before it ended (also this might explain why I prefer Rebecca to Diane.) It might also explain why I prefer plain old bars to clubs. I like quiet cozy settings where everybody knows your name!
- •Guiding LightMy mom used to watch this every day and I remember one time this crazy man dressed up as a woman and killed another woman by hitting her on the head with a lamp. I don't know why my dad was so concerned with Friends when this is clearly disturbing.
- •Melrose Place/90210Seriously why was my dad so upset over Friends?
- •Homicide/Law and Order/whatever other crime shows were on back thenI think this was an accident on their part (like they never intentionally set me down to watch horrific murder shows with them but if I stayed home from school sick or got scared and came into their room at night this is what they'd have on.) Again let me reiterate: The Simpsons v. Friends is the only debate my parents had in all of this.