THINGS MY DAD TAUGHT ME
I did a list back a while ago about how I'm turning into my mom. Well, my dad also taught me a lot of cool shit. See below.
- •90% of life is showing up.
- •The phrase "carpe diem".Most mornings before school, he would say this to me.
- •All about daylight savings time, solstices, and equinoxes.They don't really explicitly teach this in school, and he would always quiz me about it when waiting for the bus. It's good to know what the sun is up to🌞
- •All about the Godfather trilogy.I have a deep appreciation for all gangster movies, but this was my first. By the time I was 14, the words 'omerta' and 'consigliere' were part of my vocabulary. And he isn't even Italian (or Sicilian).
- •A walk-off home run is the greatest thing in baseball.And the Cleveland Indians got two last week. ROLL TRIBE!!!!!!
- •My Dad who is very quiet always said "I'd rather say nothing and be thought an idiot than open my mouth and remove all doubt". Definitely words to live by.Suggested by @sally_lee