BRISTOLIAN/ WEST COUNTRY PHRASES AND SLANG
Thank you for the request. Sincere apologies for not getting round to this sooner!!! This list was made very tricky by auto correct and because I found it very hard to explain these once I got started!
- •Cheers driveThis is how you say thank you to a bus driver when you get off the bus. I did not realise that this wasn't how everyone thanked bus drivers for a long time
- •Alright my luuver?Just means hello really. Luuver just means love but the pronunciation is key. Usually responded to with 'alright?'
- •BabberJust means babe or friend or love
- •Gert LushReally good. Gert being really and lush being like lovely
- •Proper job'That's a proper job' meaning that's really good.
- •MindJust add it too any sentence for emphasis. Eg. I hope this list isn't to confusing, mind.
- •DapsShoes. Especially the plimsoll shoes you where for primary school PE
- •Where's it to?Where is the thing I'm looking for. Kinda confusing to explain but very simple. For example 'Where you to?' Would be asking where you currently are.
- •-alAdded to any word you like. Asda would be asdal. At work my mum Sarah is Saral
- •BrizzleThe wonderful city of Bristol of course