THINGS I AM CONFUSED (AND ELATED) ABOUT IN THE DUBLIN AIRPORT
It's 5 AM, I've been travelling for over a day and my mind is a bit wonky - here's my incoherent ramblings during a four hour layover in the Shamrock City.
- •I've been called a lamb, a dear, and a lad.
- •The breakfast counter is 90% meat and 10% beans.
- •Speaking of beans: you walk up to the counter, grab a bowl, and just go to town with the beansI haven't personally done this but I've watched about twenty people pay €15 for three vat like bowls of beans.
- •I was told my pronunciation of coffee is unholy.Sorry Boston, I guess you're all wrong.
- •They have buttons on the wall - red, yellow and green - that you're supposed to press according to your feelings about a particular part of the airport.
- •Someone asked if my blanket scarf was a sheet I stole from a hotel.
- •You can get an entire pint of beer at Burger King for only €3.50.I don't know if this is a bargain or not but it sounds reasonable.