😊😊 HOW TO BE A MORE POSITIVE, OPTIMISTIC PERSON 😊😊
This sounds like a joke list but like, I'm like a weirdly positive person... like *weirdly* positive. And I'm a stressed out, uptight CS major, so y'know...
- •Don't be afraid to cut negativity out of your life.This could be people, it could be destructive habits. It's hard, and sometimes it hurts. But there's no place for negativity here friends
- •Set small goals and checklistsChecking something off of a checklist is the most satisfying thing in the whole world. I'm convinced of this.
- •Find little things that make you happy.I like flowers, tea, candles, and skincare products. 👌🏻
- •Check in with yourself.I talk to myself and journal and if I'm super stressed, I'll meditate. Centering yourself sounds like bullshit I know, and to some degree it is. But for what this does, especially in journaling is channels feelings and emotion that I'm feeling at that time so that I can let them go.
- •Have hobbiesI'm happy if I get five minute to play ukulele ya'll.
- •Keep yourself busy.If you wallow too much, you go a little stir crazy. And I'm someone who overthinks everything. There's a time and place for that though -- journaling time.
- •Exercise."Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy."
- •Realize it's okay to still be sadThere are days when I'm sad and scared and it's hard for me to get out of bed. And those days get me down, but I also bounce back and realize that those days make me happier and more nostalgic for the really good days.
- •Get up earlyI woke up at 5:30 today. 10/10 would not recommend, but I think my being up early has a lot to do with my general happiness. If I'm up early, and I have time for myself in the morning especially if I get work done, I'm much more relaxed and happy during the day.
- •Don't mix up comfortable with good or healthy.I was comfortable in the relationships I had with a lot of people but they weren't heathy and they dragged me down. I got things out of those relationships but the positives of the relationship were heavily outweighed by the negatives. See above for cutting out negativity.
- •Be Patient.Being happy is the manifestation of lots of different choices and they don't happen overnight. It is yes a choice to make yourself happy or to believe you deserve happiness (which you do), but it takes time to make choices which you know will make you more positive.