MY YEAR IN PHOTOS 2016
A follow-up li.st
- •JanuaryJanuary was a new beginning. A lot of good things happened. A lot of personal things happened. I grew up a lot this month, faced things that scared me.
- •FebruaryI'm not gonna lie. February was really hard. I cut a lot of toxic people out of my life. But it was also good, having the clarity to make that decision for myself to cut those people out and put my own self worth ahead of their thoughts was incredibly important.
- •JulyIt was hot. I woke up early.
- •AugustIn August, I was inspired and proud.
- •SeptemberThey say to never meet your idols. I met two in September. Arden Cho and Constance Wu inspired me as an impressionable young Korean/Chinese American, inspired me to be proud of my heritage and even further to utilize who I am as an advantage. I'm so grateful to have been influenced by them and even more grateful to have met them and discovered them to both be even sweeter and lovely in person
- •OctoberIn October, I was inspired. By her.
- •NovemberNovember almost broke me. I was in a really dark place of emotional reluctance after the election. But November is where I also moved forward realized that there was still more good to be done especially now, and I wanted to be a part of it.
- •DecemberDecember is healing for me. The most stressful semester of college I've had so far just ended. I say stressful, work stressful rather than emotionally stressful which I'm grateful for. Next semester isn't going to be great, I already know, so I'm taking time for myself. I won't have much time to later.
- •I'm ready for you, 2017. 💪🏽