What I'm Listening To: June 2017
- •Dumbfoundead — Are We There Yet?Just one of the most honest songs I've ever heard about what it's really like immigrating to the stars and the changing meaning of the American dream. I think it maybe also offers interesting insight into the ways in which Asian American immigrant life is both similar and dissimilar to other immigrant lifestyles and that of plain everyday Americans.
- •DEAN — loveThis song is just flat out sexy. Im not super into r&b unless it's Dean, but honestly, it's just so good and somehow like both romantic and still just real.
- •Kris Wu — JuiceI don't know. I think this song is sexy, my friend just said it was "lit," when I played it for her. I don't know what that means.
- •James Arthur — Say You Won't Let GoIsn't everyone listening to this song..?
- •DNCE — ToothbrushI'm jumping on the bandwagon
- •Jay Park — Me Like YuhJay Park is honestly just such an underrated commodity. Again, his music can only be described as sexy, but in a kind of different way. A lot of it is pop and hip hop, but still has this very like sultry vibe.
- •Peniel & Kairos — Homesick MixtapePeniel, for those of you who don't know, is a Korean-American rapper. He is the main rapper for kpop boy band BTOB. His brother in law is Kairos, a Korean music producer and writer, who has written number one singles for groups like TWICE. They put together this amazing mixtape (all in English) which just really speaks to being young and moving away from home and is just all around amazing. My faves are Homesick and Repeat.
- •GOT7 — 하드캐리 (Hard Carry)This is an old fave. Hard Carry came out on Flight Log: Turbulence last summer but it's honestly such a bop.
- •EXO-CBX — Ka-CHING!I don't understand Japanese nor do I generally listen to jpop, but this is such a bop do urself a favor